• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feather health

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
IMG_8316.JPG I adopted two cute conures two weeks ago and they had been clipped and went for a while without food . They eat everything so it is relatively easy to feed them healthy . I think they are starting a molt too. What can I do to improve their feather health ?

Attachments

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Some Red Palm Fruit Oil in their diet does wonders for all birds feathers beaks and nails.

Regular showers helps a lot.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on your two new conures! I can see that one is a black capped conure, but is the other one a green cheek conure or a maroon bellied conure?

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
Congratulations on your two new conures! I can see that one is a black capped conure, but is the other one a green cheek conure or a maroon bellied conure?
I think they are both yellow sided but the maroon bellied came up too. The problem is that I do not have any information on them beside the fact that they were found abandoned .

After having them for two weeks here is what I noticed .
Picasso is protective of Monet . Picasso is heavier and bigger and his feathers look better . They are both shy and Picasso will run away . Picasso experiences more , plays more with toys . Both don't make much noice at all :( .
Monet is shy but not nippy at all , always hungry and very foot motivated , she is clumsy . I wonder if one is actually the parent of the other . IMG_8302.JPG

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry that I made that mistake. The first picture looked similar to a black cap when I first looked.

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
I am sorry that I made that mistake. The first picture looked similar to a black cap when I first looked.
No problem, but thee might be something going on here, who knows if the parents were GCC . I would love to know more about them.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Pretty birds :)