• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favourite toys for Amazons please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Found it!
Ware Small Animal Item Detail
Victory! Only took like 2 hours...:huh: Its a "toy" not a "chewing treat". Whatever, I don't have guinea pigs- I don't know this stuff. He really likes this one too. These are actually the only two he has anything to do with. So for older amazons or ones that don't like real "tough" toys- I think these would be good. Touche thinks he's all bad for beating these up, but honestly- hobbit (jenday conure) could take them out. He's too cute with them though!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I suspect Saemma has a surprise that she wants to tell us, hehe! Spill the beans. . . now! LOL! Sammy likes foot toys and thinks that make noise. She loves Babble balls, both the animal and the talking one. She likes a few other toys too- hang on and let me find them. hehe!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I suspect Saemma has a surprise that she wants to tell us, hehe! Spill the beans. . . now! LOL! Sammy likes foot toys and thinks that make noise. She loves Babble balls, both the animal and the talking one. She likes a few other toys too- hang on and let me find them. hehe!
So what kind of amazon are you getting Saema?:lol:

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name

LOL- Allison- I am just guessing- not sure if she is getting one or not

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You guys have both gone nuts.:eek::lol:
No Amazon coming to this home. Sachi my pionus is as close to an Amazon that I'll ever get.:D

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name

You guys have both gone nuts.:eek::lol:
No Amazon coming to this home. Sachi my pionus is as close to an Amazon that I'll ever get.:D
Darn- and I already know I am nuts- :hehe:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Out of curiousity, why were you asking this question in the first place? Were you buying toys for an amazon?

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Out of curiousity, why were you asking this question in the first place? Were you buying toys for an amazon?
Exactly.:D

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
I just give it to touche plan (hang it) and its his favorite to "beat up" to show what a tough guy he is! I haven't stuffed it with anything but he LOVES his pistachios, so I imagine that would go over well. I found one other he likes- let me see if I can find it....alright, after 30 minutes of surfing the web- nothing! I got it at petco in the small animals section. Its a ball made out of twigs, but in a porcupine shape (all the twigs point out) and its all spikey. (so not the typical willow ball that i kept getting when i searched for that). He really likes that one too. I'll see if I can't find it next time I go and get the actual name of it. But so far, those are the only toys he is really into.

I know exactly what toy you are talking about. I was going to buy it but was afraid because it wasn't specifically made for brirds. That's it tomorrow I'm going to Petco to pick a few up! I'm also going to try your loufah sponge idea! Thanks!

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Yep! That's the one! He left it for maybe two weeks (he's a stubbon guy), but when I moved it to a better spot- he was all over it. Like I said, these are favorites of an OLD amazon- so some of your younger guys would chew these to bits in a minute. Touche takes a week or so, lol. He just LOVES them though! There will be nothing left of the loufa, and right now there is hardly anything of the ball, just a few twigs sticking out at odd angles. I'm pretty sure some conures or other smaller guys would like these too- but for my favorite old man, they are perfect! Its so cute when he's trying to look tough and is like "watch me take a chunk out of this loufa! *chomp* I'm scary!" (don't let him know I think he's cute- he has a reputation as a fearsome amazon to uphold :D).

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Yep! That's the one! He left it for maybe two weeks (he's a stubbon guy), but when I moved it to a better spot- he was all over it. Like I said, these are favorites of an OLD amazon- so some of your younger guys would chew these to bits in a minute. Touche takes a week or so, lol. He just LOVES them though! There will be nothing left of the loufa, and right now there is hardly anything of the ball, just a few twigs sticking out at odd angles. I'm pretty sure some conures or other smaller guys would like these too- but for my favorite old man, they are perfect! Its so cute when he's trying to look tough and is like "watch me take a chunk out of this loufa! *chomp* I'm scary!" (don't let him know I think he's cute- he has a reputation as a fearsome amazon to uphold :D).

LOL too fuuuny

Status
Not open for further replies.