• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favorite treats....

Status
Not open for further replies.

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
I’m trying to figure out the best training treat for Sabrina. So just wondering what have you found to be your fids favorite training treat that will get them to do anything you ask?
I’ve tried sunflower seeds but that’s a no for her. Banana chips and almonds worked at first but not anymore. She still loves almonds but only when she feels like it and they are really too big. She is okay with millet but doesn’t love it. She does really like goldfish but I need something else to mix it up with. She also loves french fries, but that isn’t happening!
This has been so hard for me with Sabrina. Because when I have trained my dogs they are so food motivated that they would do anything for any type of food. I can even train Abby with her own dog food that she’ll get anyways! Crazy girl! We always joke that she would jump off a cliff for a morsel of anything.

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Have you dried small bits of dried fruit with her? A variety of treats would be better (both health wise, and so she doesn't get too accustomed to the same thing)?

Our boys are also carnivorous and will fly across the room for a bit of cooked chicken!:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.