• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Faith doesn't seem to good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I just moved my birds into the new bird room and Faith seems really tired and fluffy. I offered her food, and every time she eats it, she pukes it right back up. Her droppings are super watery and I don't think any food is really getting into her body. Is she just stressed from being in a new room? All my other birds in there seem normal...normal droppings, eating fine, etc. I'm really worried about Faith. Any advice is really appreciated!

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
If she's throwing it back up and showing signs of sickness I'd say take her into the vet. She may have been sick before if you're just now seeing signs like this.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Vet check! :hug8:

penguin

Avenue Veteran
My tiel Pretty started to do that last week. I took her in and it turned out she had a raging bacterial infection. She threw up in her sleep cage, and was fluffed up and sleeping lots. She's been on antibiotics for 4 1/2 days and is so much better.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Oh, I will definitely see if I can get her to a vet ASAP. I'm so worried about her. :( Is it safe for her to be around my other birds at the moment or should I remove her from the bird room?

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
I would probably move her somewhere quiet and warm. Even if it's not contagious or anything she still might benefit from being left to herself and not possibly picked on or something. :hug8:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
oh no, I hope she feels better soon, I would definitely take her to vet as soon as you can though:hug8::hug8:

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I don't know if I will be able to get her in today. The vet closes at 6 (in less than 3 hours) and I can't get a hold of anyone who can give me a ride. If I can't get her in before then, the vet will be closed all weekend and I won't be able to get her in for another 3 days. I'm so stressed out right now. :(

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'd move her, too, just in case, and so she has a quiet place to rest.

Keep an eye on the rest of your flock as the bacterial infections Merlin arrived to my house with were airborne and 2 days after I rushed her to the vet, Pete had it, too. And the vet may be able to tell you how contagious it is, if it is.

Best wishes for you and your little baby :hug8:

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
I'm so sorry Ana, that Faith is not doing well. It sounds like illness instead of simple stress since she is vomiting.
I would start with adding some Pedialyte to her water and call around to the vets to see who may be open on Saturday if you cannot make it tonight.
:hug8:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I would recommend bringing her to an emergency vet if you can't get her to your normal vet. Birds can crash very fast. I had a budgie die from a bacterial infection only a few days after he started vomiting (he was brought to the vet and started on antibiotics but still ended up dying). It's very important to get her in ASAP. If you don't know if you can get in in time call the vet and tell them you have an emergency and ask if they would be willing to wait for you there until you can come.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I'm so grateful! Faith is going to the vet in about 45 minutes. I called my dad and he happens to not have any more work tonight so he's able to come home early and take me and Faith, and the vet happens to be able to get her in as soon as we can can get her there. I was getting so scared that she would be stuck home all weekend without help. Thank you for all the advice everyone. I'm praying that Faith will be okay and her illness will be mild and easily treatable. I love her so much! :heart:

brilywi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Bri
Glad you could get her in! Sending good thoughts that she can recover quickly :heart:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so glad you can take her to the vet today.
I hope everything is okay.
:hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
My flock and I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Thinking if you and faith, hope its nothing serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Thinking if you and faith, hope its nothing serious. Hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad you're on the way to the vet. Sending positive healing thoughts for Faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.