• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eye infections help

fancydance

Meeting neighbors
My 2 month old budgie has caught a eye infection from somewhere. On her left eye, the crust is stuck between her eyelids. I give her baths every night to help the eye Infection. I can't add pics rn but I'll do it tomorrow. Any tips? I can't afford a vet so just home remedies

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
You really do need to find the funds for a vet treatment. I wouldn't risk just trying home remedies, little budgies tend to mask illnesses and so by the time you realise somethings wrong, its important to get the right treatment

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello, Welcome to the Avenue,

How long have you had this problem with the eye?

I also think that a vet visit is needed, especially as this is a very young bird. If the bird has been like this since you brought her home and you got her from a store or breeder, they will have their own vet and likely will see the bird at no cost to you.

If that is a no-go, then try to borrow the funds, maybe from a sibling, a parent, other family member, friend, neighbour, partner of a sibling, etc
If that is also a bust, have a clear out, sell some old stuff you no longer use.

@Hankmacaw @enigma731

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If it is draining your bird will likely need antibiotic eye drops and only a vet can prescribe them. You don't want to fool around with a birds eye yourself because the bird can experience a loss of vision.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
There are no safe home remedies that I know of to fight an infection. Please seek help before it becomes something that takes her eye or life.