• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Experiences with Parrot Hormones

Status
Not open for further replies.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I know it's never ending (seems that way at least). :(

For years I had perfect birds. They could even be trusted to a degree with each other. Two still can, my Goffin and Mealy. They've not really had any horrific hormonal times.

Chaos (my GW) is another story! For the last 5 years, he's (she's?) had mood swings, temper tamtrums, territoriality, loss of appetite along with extreme nestiness, etc....:( So much going on.

I now don't trust Chaos near the others, even though I've really seen no extreme signs of aggression. He just is different. Not as tolerant as he once was. I sense in him an energy that is not being dispelled. He's wound tight. I interact with him with care. When out he heads under my chairs....and 'loves' anything within reach. A small blanket is on one chair, and he loves to drag it into his 'nest' and strokes the side of his face with it. :confused: I'm guessing it's a 'loving' motion....

My Goffin is now 17, my Mealy 13, and Chaos 12. I hope he soon evens out.....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.