• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Exotic Fruits?

CapicdaCra

Checking out the neighborhood
Hey y'all! My Red-Bellied has been very into the Avian Organics freeze-dried fruits and veggies. Now that I know she likes them, I was looking into other options for buying since AO is a bit far from me. I found a pack of exotic freeze dried fruits on Amazon that have no added sugars/additives. The ingredients seem healthy and the supplier seems good. I was just curious as to whether or not any of these fruits were considered unsafe? Thanks!

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
I looked up each fruit and found a "yes" for each one with images of parrots eating them - with the caveat no seeds (not a problem for freeze dried).

I'm guessing that even though there are no added sugars it depends on the fruit how much fructose there is and how it affects your bird/your bird's caloric needs.

Basically it seems none of these are toxic but maybe try a little at a time ;) For instance my ARN LOVES mulberries but they give him diarrhea which after the first terrifying event turns out to be documented in some random species.