• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Excessive yawning/respiratory issues?

xjessicar9

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jess
Hi guys, so the past week or so I've noticed that Fiona has been yawning a lot over and over again. I noticed her doing this today and I took a video of it.
I hadn't noticed it again for a few days, but now I'm just a little worried that it's been a lot it might be a problem. I looked it up online of course, and I panicked because I saw people saying it could show respiratory distress! The room that Fiona is in is pretty well ventilated I would say: she is in my room which is in the basement, but there is plenty of airflow and there's a window also. We have a dehumidifier in my basement and I was thinking I should also invest in an air purifier. We don't ever spray any aerosols or use anything that could be irritating to her lungs.
I also saw something saying that it could be her adjusting her crop: I can't really tell if that's what she's doing and it just LOOKS like yawning. She also is still a little moody around me so I'm used to her opening her beak at me at times, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think: does this look like abnormal activity to you? I'm worried and I don't want her to be under any kind of distress! I may consider bringing her to the vet if this looks like problematic behavior. I'm keeping a close eye on her just incase.