• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Evil hands

Coros

Walking the driveway
Hello ! i have a not so tiny question, things are going great with my lovie, he is okay with going near my hand if i have millet in it, taking a bit of millet then back off. I am able to gently touch his beak if he is outside his cage, but how do i introduce him to the concept that fingers can also be use to scratch him ? i do not want by any mean to force him or scaring him but since he is parent-raised and was from a pet store i'm a bit afraid he's never going to trust my fingers.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He may never want scratches or to really be touched much. Some birds never appreciate that. Some birds also retain skittishness about hands. I've had Turnip since he was 6 months old (hand-raised) and he has always been frightened of hands. Except now instead of panicking about them he has become tolerant, though still likes to skate out from under them depending on his mood. He has really changed and come out of his shell, though. He used to be terrified of EVERYTHING and it showed in his eyes and mannerisms. Now you can see a gleam of mischief in his eyes and he imitates Termite's feisty head jerks. :p