• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ethoxyquin in Rainbow Landing food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
Not sure about bird food but in the dog food world companies have a six month grace period before they change the ingredient list. That means that if a new ingredient is added it doesn't show up on the ingredient list for six months. It's really a shame. There was a big stink recently when a dog food company was bought out by a huge company and lots of dog owners were afraid because they felt the quality standards set by the previous company would drop drastically and that they wouldn't know about the ingredient changes for six months. I heard about it a bit in advance because I was working in pet stores at the time. People would come in to ask if it was true and then would ask what other foods were similar.

As I am doing some research on ingredient lists for lori nectar I am appalled. Is there any company out there that makes a really top notch product? What do you all feed your lories? Do you make your own nectar?

silvermuse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annemarie & John
NO MORE Ethoxyquin in Rainbow Landing food!

We received the new batch of Rainbow Landing today. No more ethoxyquin! :dance4: The sticker has been added that confirms it's no longer in there. They will use that sticker until new labels can be made. I have to say, the owner was very nice and had great communication through the process.

I will now go back to recommending this nectar to lory owners! :D

Annemarie

Status
Not open for further replies.