• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Escape Artist Is Born

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
We had always read that Quakers were quite the little escape artists, knowing that we put Lobster claw clips on all her feed doors (7 guillotine style doors :eek: ). There have been a couple times we have forgotten to put one back on but have been lucky that Zoey showed no real interest in escaping.......Until today!!! This morning I had to refill her carousel of cubes foraging toy and I had to reach through a feeder door to put it back (short arms) Apparantly I forgot to put her clip back :o: I was going about my getting some chores done when I hear "MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY" didn't think much of it told her I was doing laundry, a few minutes later I came back in, sat down and what do I see but a little green chicken running around on top of her cage :omg: WTF?? Oh my was she proud of herself and NOT coming down :mad:!!! Mind you I have 4 cats, a dog and the ceiling fan on, I wanted that little green chicken!! Finally after about 5 minutes of her running around laughing at her poor crazy Mommy it was time for what I call scoopy, scoopy basically grabbing the little feather butt whether she likes it or not!! Of course once caught it is "come on, give us kiss" I told her naughty birds DON'T get kisses. Now that she made it out once she is determined to try again, she has spent most of the day shaking her doors trying to work out how to open those clips :evilgrin: UGH!!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:lol:She's just keeping you on your toes. Maybe add soem foraging things for her.A small box with foot toys or a treat to find.

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
:lol:She's just keeping you on your toes. Maybe add soem foraging things for her.A small box with foot toys or a treat to find.
Oh she does! She is a little bit of a hormonal plucker and when she started we got her just aboout every foraging toy made!! She has to forage for all her food....well except her pellets. Then she has a foot bucket filled with toys that I hide treats in. She has the shredmaster for paper tape, the mazey munch for nutri-berries. I think she realized the door unlocked by accident but then decided to go for it!! She obviously wasn't trying to be sneaky about it since she was sitting on top of her cage yelling MOMMY!! :lol:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's hilarious :lol: Jingo hasn't escaped yet but I can imagine the smug look he would give if he did!

Maybe Zoey was like, "I have all of these things mommy wanted me to open to get to treats, maybe I'm stuck inside one too!" :rofl:

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Haha, that's funny. My aunts quaker is not an escape artist BUT her male cockatiel is! If she forgets to put binder clips on the doors then I'll come up later in the day (she leaves early for work) and he'll have opened it and both of her cockatiels will just be sitting up on the cage all hody-do :eek:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:lol:Sometimes, they are too smart for their own good!

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
:hehe: The little stinker :heart:

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Maybe Zoey was like, "I have all of these things mommy wanted me to open to get to treats, maybe I'm stuck inside one too!" :rofl:
Oh, so not funny....weelllll maybe a little funny :lol:
I was trying so hard not to laugh when she was running around on top yelling "get, get get GOOD GIRRRLLL" all the while refusing to step up!! :headsmack:

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
And I thought Conures were like that wow LOL

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award