• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclipse Reactions?

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
If anyone watched the eclipse, maybe with their birds, how'd it go? Ive heard animals can act up during an eclipse, so wondering how everyones parrots did. I didn't experience it sadly, hopefully next time! :)

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
Didnt feel like getting my retinas burned out that day , besides that it was cloudy where i live. Birds didnt know the difference.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
No change in any of my pets

Chatot5

Meeting neighbors
The budgies didn’t notice, but our black capped conure was freaked out. Hiding on the floor, just still and quiet during the peak of it. Really strange!!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
We didn’t get the full blackout here, so really nobody had too much reaction to it

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here in MD we just had a partial but it did briefly get a bit dark. About that time I cleaned Gigi's cage and gave her a Nutriberry. She stayed frozen in place for 1 hour. Then she was active and eating. Maybe the first time ever she didn't nearly come out of the food door to get her snack. I'm sure it was related to the eclipse!

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
The budgies didn’t notice, but our black capped conure was freaked out. Hiding on the floor, just still and quiet during the peak of it. Really strange!!
I've heard some birds were noted to look for shelter- maybe incase of rain. I'ts interesting how most captive parrots had little to no reaction!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I watched it at work (we all had proper glasses), having set my budgies up with the shutters partially closed. We had a partial eclipse, so I’m sure they were fine. It would have gotten no darker than during a storm.

But the wild birds were quite something! My work has a large lawn & garden surrounding it; it’s in a residential neighbourhood. The birds went quiet & the atmosphere felt different. Afterwards they were very noisy, I assume commenting on it.