• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Eckie cooing noises

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Any idea why Lada makes these sounds. I'm sure its just her being happy and content, but "why" does she make these sounds when she is happy and content? Is she trying to tell me she is happy? Does it just come naturally and involuntarily? Thanks

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
sounds like happy birdie sounds to me! How cute!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
She sits with me pretty much all day while I work. Either on my shoulder or at least next to me on her boing.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
She keeps my left ear warm. Snuggles up against it. I know a lot of people worry about shoulders but I think its worth the risk. She loves to hold my ear for balance, especially when stretching. Amazing how gentle she knows to be. I'm sure accidents can happen and I may end up earless one day, but until then, I like my fluffy little earmuff :)

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
She is so cute.

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
My Ekkie made those cooing sound. She was happy.

Mococo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mo
She's adorable! My girl makes those sounds and I repeat them back and we get a loop going.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I hope to hear ours do that soon. Right now she is either silent or squawks so loud that we jump :lol:

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I hope to hear ours do that soon. Right now she is either silent or squawks so loud that we jump :lol:
I'm confident that she will soon. She has been traumatized by all that she has gone through. Do you know her hatch date? If you posted it before I have forgotten...I'm sorry.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Yeah... Lada is such a weird parrot... 99.999% of the time, that is the ONLY noise she makes. I mean that seriously too! No over exaggeration! I have only heard her shriek once... period... and she does every once in awhile make a noise when playing with a toy, but again, 99.999% of the time, she is seriously silent! It's like keeping a stuffed animal sometimes. At first I was a little bummed that she was so quiet (ie rarely sings to music, not talkative, etc), but now after hearing her scream once, I think I realize now its a blessing to have such a quiet parrot.