• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Echos very energetic

Spirit Warrior

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I now have on very energetic wants put the cage sometimes cuddly bird. As soon as i come down in the morning and get home from work i hear her chirping and running around the cage so i let her out. Iv heard ducorps cockatoos whine. This is true she whines nearly constently unless i cuddle her or she is eatting or playing. Hope she grows out of it but right now shes a very happy bird.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My goffin is over 25. We don't know his actual age- and he's still a ball of energy. A cute one. But busy, busy. Is she interested in toys?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She seems to get scared very easy tho
Both of my 'toos, especially my Bare-eyed Cody, are fearful of new things as well as familiar non-bird things (rulers, yardsticks, certain types of vacuum cleaners, ladders, etc.). Keno was afraid of her main perch for many years and now she finally perches on it although only on the left side. I have to be very careful adding new items to Cody's cage because I know they will scare her and she has a propensity for stress seizures.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Both of my 'toos, especially my Bare-eyed Cody, are fearful of new things as well as familiar non-bird things (rulers, yardsticks, certain types of vacuum cleaners, ladders, etc.). Keno was afraid of her main perch for many years and now she finally perches on it although only on the left side. I have to be very careful adding new items to Cody's cage because I know they will scare her and she has a propensity for stress seizures.
That's really interesting because Elvis is terrified of yard sticks, vacuum cleaners and ladders too.....

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That really is interesting. They are not afraid of the Miele canister. They know quality. :D
LOL. Maybe that's it. It's so bad that I have to keep the vacuum cleaner covered with a blanket when it's not being used. The fiancé recently vacuumed when I wasn't home. (I usually take Elvis upstairs when the dreaded vacuum cleaner comes out- or vice versa.) Elvis was so traumatized he screamed all that evening AND the next morning. Like frantic, terrified screaming. It was heart-breaking. (And yes, then the fiancé got an earful from me.)