• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dozens of birds 'bleeding from their mouths' fall from the sky in Australia

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
OMG how horrible this is. I cant believe someone would purposely poison beautiful birds. Thank goodness there were no videos, yet.

oddyssea

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
All parrots native to Australia are protected by federal law but, due to the sheer abundance of species such as Corellas and sulphur crested cockatoos, combined with their sometimes destructive behaviour, some people decide to take this kind of action. There are suburbs close to me where flocks of cockatoos will descend on someone’s house and just start chewing! Also in Western Australia there’s a church that’s under attack by corellas where they’re in danger of chewing through the electrical wiring and perhaps causing a short circuit that may cause the building to burn down.

The birds are often forced into unfamiliar coastal areas by drought in their more usual inland homes, and this can bring them into conflict with human habitation. Local authorities are working to find the culprits in the above case. Our authorities do take these cases very seriously and will prosecute to the full extent of the law.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh my god, that just makes my stomach turn. :sad1: How awful for those poor birds!:rage: Aghhhh! :crycry2:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Egads!! :(

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
"Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals "love" them. But those who respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them more." Edwin Way Teale

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
I just read the article including the comments underneath.
The last comment talked about '5G testing causing bird deaths'.
I then read up on the 5G testing in The Netherlands and this may be the case in Australia too.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just read the article including the comments underneath.
The last comment talked about '5G testing causing bird deaths'.
I then read up on the 5G testing in The Netherlands and this may be the case in Australia too.

Well that's terrifying

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
There have been many proposals to mass poison/gas/shoot flocks of birds here for as long as I can think of.
It happens legally and illegally more than we realise.
I have seen first hand the complete destruction these flocks of birds can do in very very short periods of time and yes they are very destructive birds.
Just locally there are many people with permits to shoot and kill the short billed corellas as they have been the cause of many millions of dollars loss of crops and other places like recreational areas, buildings etc.

It is sad and I don’t believe people will ever truely learn to live in harmony with nature which is very heartbreaking.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sounds like rat or mouse poison to me. The animal ingests it. The poison( usally a brown or green pellet) If the birds are hungry, and dont know , will eat it, ,,causes slow internal bleeding, followed by vomiting and bleed from the mouth, then death,,,why, why ,why? Some sick F#(k#$ did this..its as bad as people putting out anti- freeze for animals to drink. Coz it's hot in the summer. They want rid of of the stray dogs and cats, and the poor animals are just thirsty, they dont know, but , the B@$+@rd$ that put it out. Do... :sad6:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
This may seem extreme to most people, but if they find whoever did this and give them the same poison, I'm sure there'd be fewer of these incidents in the future. :mad: Plus then those sick effers would suffer the way they murdered those birds.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That's awful!!! What's wierd, woke up one morning and my wife said hon, go out side and have a look at the house. I thought why, what's wrong with the house.
It looked like a few million birds flew over and shat blue berries on my house!! I though huh???? Did a plane fly over that had bad blue berries and decided to flush them down the toilet just as they were over my house??

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yep. Obviously the bird deaths are horrifying and tragic in their own rights but it's still important that we don't abandon science.