• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Double stack bird cage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I need to get a double stack cage. I have looked at the avian adventures multi vista and one called the Waimea wingplex double decker from cages 4 less. Has anyone seen or had one of these and which would be best for a GCC and a senegal/meyer hybrid. The hybrid is 129 grams and the GCC is 77 grams.

Thanks!!!!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I know Kelli(atvchick) has a few of the critter nation stacking cages. And I think they might be a little bit bigger then both of those were.

carkam

Avenue Veteran
The one from cages 4 less is larger inside than the Avian adventures, but the avian adventures have a place in between for lighting. Some double stacks are larger but are 1" bar spacing which is too large for my GCC for sure. They will be out when me or my DH is home.

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I am not fond of the plastic feeders in those. However it does look nice and large. Are the bars strong? My meyers/sennie loves to pull at the bars on the cage!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
You can always replace the plastic ones with coop cups. :) I think the bars are pretty strong but I don't have the cage so I can't say for sure. I use coop cups in my single flight.
Stainless Steel Coop Cup

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I do have one of those cups. I could work! It is cheaper too! But want the best one for them. So researching first!

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Re: Ideas for a Double stack bird cage??

I am looking for a good double stack for my GCC and my Sennie/Meyer hybrid. Anyone have any suggestions? Avian adventures multi vista, Cages for less (Waimea double stack), or the flight stacker (Thanks Allison!) I want a good, sturdy cage with as much room as they can have with a double stack. I would appreciate any ideas on this. THANKS!

carkam

Avenue Veteran
OOPs tried to change the heading! Messed up I guess!:o:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I think that Joanna has the cage that I posted. :)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I know Kelli(atvchick) has a few of the critter nation stacking cages. And I think they might be a little bit bigger then both of those were.
yes mam I do and I LOVE them I have a pair of Conures in mine. They've got a ton of room even when i had their nest box inside the cage they still had plenty of room

I won't trade mine in for the world. So if i ever move I sure hope I don't have to move to a house with Smaller rooms LOL

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Are they powder coated? Seems to be for ferrets, etc?? Like the size though. Which one worked for your conures Kelli? Thanks.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I have the cage Allison posted and LOVE it!! Its just like the single flights except stacked!! It's perfect for Elle the redbelly who needs a lot of toys to keep herself busy. And the cockatiels are on the bottom. I'm debating getting another one, I love it THAT much!

One recommendation, make sure placement is near a window or have an avian light available to the bottom inhabitants. Its not a HUGE problem but I definitely get paranoid. Mine are set up next to the window. It's easy to clean too. I wasn't a fan of the food cups but have since replaced most of them with ones I prefer.

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Thanks Joanna! That would be cheaper than the other cages I was looking at and a red belly would be about the size of my Sennie/Meyer. Is it easy to attach the cups to? Since I am not found of the plastic ones. :)

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I got a few Lixit cups and a few stainless steels ones to put in there. The only downside is that there's no feeder door but it's just a teeny tiny inconvenience.

I really love the size of the cage and for the price it's great. None of my birds are cage chewers so I can't speak to its durability but I'm really a big fan overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.