• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dose any one else's bird plays with bells roughly?

Jesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jesi
My senegal parrot loves to bang his bells hard around the cage. He looks mad when he dose it to any bell. It looks like it drives him insaine when it goes off so he just freaks out and bangs it around his cage. Sometimes it drives me nuts! :bored: But that could also be a Senegal behavior? I don't know.

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Baylee loves her bell too! She bang it when she is jealous If i'm petting Kiwi and not her.

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Paris goes mad when she sees something exciting, Paris almost looks like s/h is gonna smash the bell into a half! It's normal behaviour. :)

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
Dexter is rough with his bell too. He'll sit there and swing it as hard as he can, while laughing. It's pretty funny. Darwin has no interests in bells.

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My parrots hate bells. They practically refuse to play with toys that have bells. I think my birds are just wierd....

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Pickles (love bird) and Orly (YSGCC) "hate" their bells when playing with them. :wtf:

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Paris goes mad when she sees something exciting, Paris almost looks like s/h is gonna smash the bell into a half! It's normal behaviour. :)
Lorikeets love to smash things around and ours are no different.
Red out lory takes bashing bells to a new level. :rolleyes:

CheekyBeaks

Real Name
Ann-Marie
Yes, Giacomo my BFA loves to thrash his large heavy duty jingle ball, I really cannot believe it is still in one piece after about 18 months of him doing this :lol:

And my little Janday Rosie doesn't thrash her bells but she does love wearing them as hats :hehe:
1524708_1551554608405533_1713218754278343769_n.jpg 10479750_1551554615072199_1245089690660983005_n.jpg

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Roma shakes his like a dog. Puts it in his mouth and just shakes his head furiously to get it to ring. If he is feeling lazy, he will grab it with a claw and shake it up and down.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Juni does! Every time I open his cage he runs to his bell and attacks it viciously before stepping up nicely on my finger :p and whenever he sees someone he doesn't like near his cage he goes crazy on his bell.

Heather F

Frodo loves his bell toys. He has a great big bell toy with three little bells inside three big bells and he loves to wrestle with that, either from his perches or by climbing onto it and hanging upside down from the top one to play with the lower ones.

The bell at the end of his boing, he also loves to play with that. He also sings to his bells.

Rosie of the bell hat is just irresistibly adorable.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
All of my birds do :)

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
I have two macaws that bang bells, and you should hear the noise they make with a full set of ss measuring cups. DVR has changed my life, because I can actually rewind when I miss key pieces of dialog.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
MC and his mayhem toy from avian stainless.

He has actually hung upside down from that toy on more than one occasion. It ranges from gentle tugs for bell ringing to all out war.

I thought it was just him......

Caledon

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
Yes, my CAG attacks her square dance toy as if she wants to kill it, but I know she loves it. LOL.

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Zazu enjoys beating the snot out of bell toys. I think it's cute!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd loved his bells.we had a yellow one on the back side of a cage and he used to hang off the side and complain and beat the crap out it, then look all indignant and look to make sure we were watching.
Mom saw him doing it one day and said "He's playing" like birds would never do that.
Lurch likes to pull the same bell up, shake it then drop it. His favorite though is a rope ball thing he attacks viciuosly, especially when he's making a point about not wanting to do something.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was actually going to post a similar question as last year I placed an order with
avian stainless and all the toys were ignored and I took them down.

Manu is cork and balsa bird, a quiet little chewer but last week I changed out the travel cage and play cart toys and tried the AVS toys again and he just went CRAZY :huh:.

He just seems transfixed at the noise the bells can make, he has been just bashing them non stop since last week . I was concerned at first as it seemed he was attacking them, I have never seen him so aggressive to a toy but after monitoring him he is just having a VERY LOUD fun time :hehe:.