• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Doobie flew away!!~~~

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
I doubt thats how she meant it to sound... She did look all over and put up flyers. Its not that she just doesn't care.I think she is just being realistic to the fact that he may not come back. She hasn't had him for years and formed a bond, and he isn't going to be very familiar with his surroundings because he hasn't heen there long. So he may not come back or know how to. :( It is the reality of the situation. I'm sure she will continue to look for him. I think its a little extreme here to make it sound like Lupe just doesn't care. Her mentioning getting another tiel friend for her remaining tiel to have a companion is simply looking out for his well being too. She said he seemed to enjoy the company. Theres nothing wrong with that. If she finds Doobie, thats wonderful, but if not, her remaining tiel can still have some company of his own kind. I don't think based on Lupe's posts she has ever indicated not caring about her birds people.

Thank you Katlin...I dont respond to sarcasm and negative words. I dont take it personal
simply because they dont know me or my feelings....nor do I know them..it doesnt affect me
in any way shape or form:D...I am responding to your post because you are correct. I DO
respond to kindness...:)

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I doubt thats how she meant it to sound... She did look all over and put up flyers. Its not that she just doesn't care.I think she is just being realistic to the fact that he may not come back. She hasn't had him for years and formed a bond, and he isn't going to be very familiar with his surroundings because he hasn't heen there long. So he may not come back or know how to. :( It is the reality of the situation. I'm sure she will continue to look for him. I think its a little extreme here to make it sound like Lupe just doesn't care. Her mentioning getting another tiel friend for her remaining tiel to have a companion is simply looking out for his well being too. She said he seemed to enjoy the company. Theres nothing wrong with that. If she finds Doobie, thats wonderful, but if not, her remaining tiel can still have some company of his own kind. I don't think based on Lupe's posts she has ever indicated not caring about her birds people.
I was simply responding to how the post read, nothing more. I enjoy Lupe's posts so I was surprised by how it sounded, and that's why I brought it to her attention.

Ummm, I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but the post came off a bit cavalier

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe

I was simply responding to how the post read, nothing more. I enjoy Lupe's posts so I was surprised by how it sounded, and that's why I brought it to her attention.

Cavalier? ummm?? Oh yea, I use to drive one of those...:D

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I really hope this is a case of your words not portraying your emotions correctly.

If I lost one of my babies, I wouldn't be seeing any "positive" side. And I certainly don't think I would be taking the time to argue semantics on a forum because I'd be busy searching.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
oh no!! so sorry this happened !!! I hope you find him...so glad you managed to hang onto Doodle...Keep looking, post on 911 put flyers up everywhere , supermarkets everywhere and keep looking on craigslist for lost ads too :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
and I read her post and did not read anything "cavalier" in her post. from many exhanges through pm's and her on line posts..that is the way Lupe is..I know she is very very upset by this and that anyone here would think she is not is just disgraceful.

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Oh no! I am so sorry. I lost a tiel last December and it broke my heart. Don't give up..chances are he will fly to a person if he gets hungry. If you have fliers up hopefully that person will know to contact you. Tiels can fly pretty far, he could be a few miles away. I really hope you find the poor baby.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
and I read her post and did not read anything "cavalier" in her post. from many exhanges through pm's and her on line posts..that is the way Lupe is..I know she is very very upset by this and that anyone here would think she is not is just disgraceful.
Reread her post again, and I stand by my opinion of how it reads to me. At no point in time did I say that's how Lupe felt.

Again, I hope Doobie comes home soon.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I hope Doobie is back home safely real soon.

truste

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shirley
I really hope this is a case of your words not portraying your emotions correctly.

If I lost one of my babies, I wouldn't be seeing any "positive" side. And I certainly don't think I would be taking the time to argue semantics on a forum because I'd be busy searching.
There is always a positive side. The positive side: she only lost Doobie, rather than Doobie AND Doodle. At least, that's how I read it.

Regardless of semantics and how the post came across, don't we all agree that Lupe loves her birds, is a great parront, and is upset about Doobie's loss? If so - does it really matter which way she phrased her first post? There's really no point in arguing over it.

GlassOnion

Lupe, it will also help if you add a "___ Reward" in bold letters on the flyers you're distributing.

zuzanqa

Real Name
Zuz
I hope he comes home!!!:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
This and its extremely hard to find untame birds.

If finches, canaries, etc, get loose and other untame birds, its near impossible to find them and get them.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Some suggestions:

-She needs to be put on Parrotalert and 911parrotalert, as well as craigslist
-you need to be out there every morning before dawn and every evening at the very least, don't just stick to your neighboorhood, you have to fan out she might go quite a distance
-Give fliers to kids, let them know what is going on.

It really broke my heart seeing you were already planning her replacement. :( I hope she, at the very least, finds her way to someone loving who can help her. Hopefully she'll have a happy ending.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
If any of my untame birds got loose, Id be skeptical of finding them. And I probably wouldnt look hard for them. They arent seeking people. Theyre flying as far away as damn possible and are more than likely be raptor food.

Ofcourse put an empty cage outside and hope they go inside or hear their companion. But you have to be realistic when it comes to untame "wild" birds who get loose.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Unlike WA state, which is a death trap for loose birds. Lupe lives in a tropical environment. Chances are itll find more loose parrots. I saw a few flying parakeets and budgies when I was in S Miami. Good chances a loose parrot has a chance to be a free bird and find a flock.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
:huh: I don't think it's unreasonable to put the bird on various lost and found websites hoping for the best and asking people to keep an eye out by giving fliers to sharp eyed kids etc. it's an animal in someones care, tame or not, and if there's a chance and hope to getting them back, I'd certainly hold to that. If CJ got loose, I can't see myself 'not looking too hard for him' because he's not tame, I love him and want him to live a long life.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh you are too correct Kirsten. Ads site, flyers, yes. But I wouldnt be walking around "searching" like I did for Sapphire, Tiki and Opa when they got loose. Id take as much time off as needed to acticely walk around and "search" if any of my humanized birds got lost. Honestly, I wouldnt do **this** much work for an untame "wild" bird.