• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Don't know what to do anymore..

Millymb23

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Milly
Hi, everyone I have posted a couple of times on here a while ago about my parrohlet's health. He has had bad breathing problems for over a year now. Sometimes he will be okay, but other days are much worse. He makes a clicking noise and squeaky nose, which I know are bad signs. I don't know what to do anymore. I have taken him to multiple exotic vets. They have had him on many different medications. I even got a humidifier for him to take in the medicine by air. The last vet (who did the most) said she thinks it's something chronic and nothing can be done. I brought the bottom cage paper towels with me to see if maybe they can see something with that. His urine area is always green and his breathing is always awful, and when he opens his mouth, he has a fluid bubble. I don't know what else to do?! I have taken him to many vets and no one seems to know what it is or how to fix it Can anyone give any kind of advice? I also want to add before I had him he was my brothers. His girlfriend did her nails around him and used cleaners and not safe cooking pans. They both broke up and I ended up taking him cause he was going to get rid of him.

Last edited:

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hi, I have no suggestions other than to check out talkparrotlets.com a website dedicated to plet’s. Many many helpful folks there. Between the two websites I hope you can find some help for your baby.
all the best, :)

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I am wondering if the problem could be related to past damage? I would also ask if you’ve gotten him checked for fungus like aspergillosis. My first Quaker brought that from her breeders and we never knew why she was so fragile during her 4 1/2 yr life. She was finally ID’d with aspergillosis after many illnesses and finally laparoscopic surgery to see what was wrong.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wonder if a nebulizer might help. It might be something to ask your vet about. Also maybe probiotics too or some thing like red palm oil to help build his immunity up some. (I don't think those things are cures.) I am sorry he's so sick.