• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dog Racing in Florida .......

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's great news. The greyhounds will probably be scooped up by greyhound rescue agencies. There are lots of those. Hopefully they will then be adopted. I've heard they make great pets.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
That's great news. The greyhounds will probably be scooped up by greyhound rescue agencies. There are lots of those. Hopefully they will then be adopted. I've heard they make great pets.
I sincerely hope they get adopted out. When I was little, we had three of them that we adopted as retired racers. I can't stand the sport... those dogs were such gentle giants.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Do you think that many dogs will find foster homes?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you think that many dogs will find foster homes?
They seem to be very desirable. Perhaps some will be sent to rescues in different states.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am so glad it finally happened. As a former greyhound rescuer you couldn't find a more docile dog. They never had a puppyhood, they were bred to race. We had 7 at one time and seeing them play for the first time, to see them sleep peacefully, some would even sleep in our shower stall when it wasn't being used. I know there are rescues around the country and I am sure they will be going to foster homes to await adoption.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Unfortunately there is a good chance many of the dogs will not be suitable for adoption due to the lives they have had and the things they have never been introduced to, many of them are very aggressive. I really hope you do not have happen the same thing that happened here......they made such an outcry about it being banned that the ban was lifted very sadly.

Horse racing and dog racing is disgraceful and I wish all the time that they would not do it any more, it breaks my heart to think of the types of lives the animals have and the fact that they are only cared about because they are worth money to someone. It has always confused me that animal racing is not seen as cruelty to the animals.

Greyhounds and whippets are some of my favorite dogs.

lyx

Sprinting down the street
That's great news! I've never agreed with animal racing of any kind either. I really hope they all find forever homes to live out the rest of their days in peace, surrounded by love :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Horse racing and dog racing is disgraceful

Having grown up in a state that admires and promotes horse racing I must agree with you. When it comes to all the Preakness parties in the Springtime in Maryland I do not attend and never have. Its a huge party and excuse for greed and drunkenness plus the animal abuse in order to get the horses running at top speed. I don't believe it will ever change in Maryland.