• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dog Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

I'm guessing by spring he will be an old pro on the leash and tethering will just be a minor learning bump. If he is tethered near you with a toy and/or bone, he should be happy. :)
That's what I'm thinking (hoping) too. I got him a buffalo knuckle bone with some meat on it the other day. He LOVED it. Ate the whole thing, bone and all.

I gotta say he is doing very well with the birds. He avoids them like the plague. When they are out he goes upstairs and lays down somewhere. He doesn't want anything to do with them. He hates it when they scream (I think it hurts his ears). :)

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I agree with Jennifer - by spring he will be "your" dog and stick with you like a bad smell. He at least be a journeyman carpenter and earn his keep on the job.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I agree with Jennifer - by spring he will be "your" dog and stick with you like a bad smell. He at least be a journeyman carpenter and earn his keep on the job.
I was thinking more along the lines of security!!! :lol:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Glad things are going well John. I have no doubt you will excel in dog ownership as you do in bird ownership. :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Absolutely. My thoughts exactly. You may have to switch to a longline lead instead of a retractable, but then you can tether him until you feel comfortable with it, or tether long term.

I'm guessing by spring he will be an old pro on the leash and tethering will just be a minor learning bump. If he is tethered near you with a toy and/or bone, he should be happy. :)

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

Is this good for strong big shepherds? Not sure if it would just make them stronger.
They were originally made for schutzhund which is a German shepherd sport so yeah they are good for shepherds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.