• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does YOUR dog eat like this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
He is just trying to burn off the calories right away (actually, I should eat like that) :rofl:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
My parents dog does it and now my dog parker does it as well....I dont get it hahaha

Jadesmom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mary Ann
LOL

We had a dog that would take a small mouthful of food and walk to the carpeted area of the house, drop them on the carpet and then eat them one by one.

They sure can be weird sometimes...LOL
Thats what my Toddy does....5 or 6 pieces of food in his mouth, and he carries it under the coffee table to eat. He stuffs his little face like a chipmunk.
Your dog is so adorable. What a little cutie. He is so matter of fact about it.. :rofl:

sueb45

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sue
:omg:My daughter's shih tzu does the same thing!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That was pretty funny!

CrashSmAshley

Real Name
Ashley
You won't believe how many customers come to me asking if that's normal :lol: The weirdest one I've ever heard of is this persons cat won't eat it's food unless it's been refrigerated and then thawed out twice!

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
My dogs don't eat like that AT ALL! They race to eat. I'll have to video it for you sometime. It's hilarious!

Tamic332

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tami
My chihuahua eats like that.....takes a piece or two and walks away to eat.....our lab mix lays down in front of the bowl....puts her paws around each side of the bowl like she is hugging it....keeps her head in the bowl until she is done......looks like she is worshipping her food.....:lol:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
:hehe::hehe:all my dogs eat like that:lol:

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
angelo sometimes eats like that, when the food is new or when he is feeling shy. i have read it means that they aren't very trustful of their surroundings or something to that effect.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
My pomeranian Fia eats like this. She is a puppymill survivor and grew up with lots of competition for food, and being smaller and petite, I think she was the lower dog on the totem pole. She grabs a mouthful of kibbles, and then runs to another area of the room, spits them out, and eats them one at a time. And then she goes back to the bowl.
What I did was get the measuring cup for food and fill it, and drop a few kibbles in at a time. Since there was less food in the dish, she would grab the kibbles that fell, and the first few times she ran with them, but then I started dropping a few more in after she grabbed the first couple. She started to then eat the ones she had in her mouth where she was, and grab for the next few kibbles right there without leaving the bowl. I repeated the process until she had eaten her entire cup like this :) She now will eat at her dish, but if another animal is present in the room and it happens to come near her food dish, she reverts back to that behavior.

Deeda9999

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lisa fisher
OMG- My new dog Gilmore (a ••••zhu ) eats like that. It drives me totally nuts. That is when he does eat. He is sooooooo finicky I am losing my mind.

It is so funny to see another dog do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.