• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

does your conure have a smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I know exactly what Rika smells like----sweet stale popcorn. And I love it. (My first tiel Fritzie smelled like baby powder). Not much of a smell from Cheeky Cricket yet. (quaker).

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
sunni always smells like her nutblend she eats... i just love to sit and breathe her in...

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Loofa had the best smell ever. I'd always hold him up to me. (But that's how he got his nickname). I can't place what he smells like...maybe Sandra could help on that. I miss that little guy.

Tia always smelled like veggies, because she was obsessed with them.

Niko... well he just looks at me funny if I get that close. :huh:

snackies

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rebecca
I can confirm now that Lola smells awesome - like mango and nuts! she smells beautiful. n_____n

not like the burning rubber smell my lorikeet used to have... lol!

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
My husband says that my golden conure 'stinks'! He can smell him for 10 foot away. I've notice a little scent when he's wet, but dry I really can barely detect a smell. It isn't bad to me, but it isn't a clean smell either.

amsue0222

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amanda
I like the smell of my BCC and I also think that my Quaker has a distinct smell- both smell stronger when they are wet- Call me weird- but I like their smell-- I rescued a pair of cockatiels from a bad situation before and they had a smell too- it was different than my quaker and my conure- I think that different people react differently to different birds- My husband thinks that the quaker has an odor when he is not wet- I think he smells good--course I am bias about my baby !:D

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
Ziggy smells like fruit loops :)

Phoe Phoe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Both my GCC and Sun smell fine until they get wet. Then they STINK like wet bird. :omg:

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Jaki has a great baby smell I just stick my nose in her neck and nuzzle her ear. I don't really like babies but I know Jak blindfolded in a sniffy test.
Whenever I try to huff Koi like a can of spray paint I never really get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.