• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your bird "talk back" to you?

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Zazu loves to chatter with me. It is so cute. Not sure if he's talking back to me or talking with me though.. :hehe:

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
Kiwi definitely talks back! He makes a rude "weeeet" noise when he doesn't like something and sometimes adds on a birdie "curse word" of "ert ert" if he's really offended :rolleyes:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Of course Lurch does, he babbles like a drunken pirate and flares, postures, and strikes for affect. If he's really mad he'll shreick and take a shot. If he merely offended or upset he'll do a little crying whine jag. :cool:
Of course he also greets me when I get home very happily and runs through all of his favorite words and phrases, he even greeted my mom for letting him out today when she and step dad came over while when I was at work :heart:
I told her before he has always liked her in his own way :hug8:

Parhelion7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kylee
Oh jeez, yes! Literally, even. She loves to boss people around and tells everyone and everything - people, pets, music - to "stop it". She also makes a disapproving little "hm" noise sometimes, and if you say something in what she thinks is a scolding tone or something, she'll babble in unintelligible yet angry-sounding intonations. Sometimes that intoned babble ends in "stop it" for a double whammy.

RosieBird

I swear our too can understand a lot of what I say. I asked her where her wood block went yesterday and she said "I don't know". Last week when she wouldn't step up for me I had to call hubby to move her. I told her she needed to listen to Mommy when I asked her to do something and she responded with "F@*( You" (we adopted her from a divorcing couple and they obviously swore alot)

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
And to show how not actually upset she was, or perhaps it's her way of letting me know she is still following her own agenda, sometimes then she won't step down! I'll scoop her up, she'll have her little pout, then retract her feet into her fluff, lay down, and refuse to leave my palm like "Ha! what will you do now?"
LOL!!! It's so comical when they won't put the feet down and instead play "incapacitated/resistant bird".

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh yeah forgot to add I get laughed at after I get told to stop it!

Then blown a squeaky kiss. :shifty:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Happy will tell me off on any occassion . She clicks, shreiks, or hiss and growls when i get out of line....which is at least once a day...lol
And she will say in as human as she can say...come here when i leave her. It took me awhile to realise what shes saying.because its lovebird speech....but when she slows it down i can make it out. So to have a teeny yellow bird yelling COME HERE cracks me up!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Chya sometimes gets extra vocal (sunnie-surprise) and if I tell her no, she does a no grunt back at me just like she is yelling back.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Kiwi IF She bites me Or anyone she says hahaha :rofl: and i just laugh AND then she laugh again and makes her angry dog growl sound! :lol: I guess she doesnt like MY laugh! o_O
She bit my uncle a few weeks ago and she made hahaha sound right after seeing my uncle said ouch! :shifty:
My mom saw how she 'purrs' and was shocked To see her só calm in my hand she was shaking from excitement and grind her beak and then made the cooing Dove sound twice. My mom thought there was a Dove in the room :rofl: :rofl: :hehe: And even Kiwi made the hahaha sound! So she does talk back or even laugh At us!

Red Jasper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elizabeth
Those that know Ekkies know the infamous Ekkie growl. Well, on top of that, I have an SI that yells/growls "NO!" at me every time I put him back inside his cage then stabs his food in his food dish. ... Then blows me little kisses. He's amazing.

mstomcat65

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marti
My macaw Cleo will also talk back.... i was doing some cleaning in the kitchen which is next to the room she is in. She was having one of those days where she was just being loud. I got tired of the loud yelling and hollered back at her saying "Cleo, will you just shut up?", well her response after she was quiet for a few seconds was... "Is that better?" ugh!!

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
:lol:
My macaw Cleo will also talk back.... i was doing some cleaning in the kitchen which is next to the room she is in. She was having one of those days where she was just being loud. I got tired of the loud yelling and hollered back at her saying "Cleo, will you just shut up?", well her response after she was quiet for a few seconds was... "Is that better?" ugh!!

greystheway

Meeting neighbors
I was just scrolling through and found this thread, the YouTube clips had me laughing so hard the kids looked at me like I was strange (r than normal) ;)