• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

does this look like TRASH to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadesmom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mary Ann
Bless you Tanya. :hug8: You are wonderful, and Bug is beautiful! :heart:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Bug is gorgeous!!

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Why are you saying does this bird look like TRASH? Is this what the owners called it? Also, is the pix's taken in his owners home or yours? And I see no problem with the name Bug. I had a tiel called the Bug, which was short for June Bug, and I got tired of explaining his name to self-righteous people.

Can you educate and work one on one with the owners to help them understand the bird and help all have a better relationship with it?[/QUOTE have been working with the owners(on the phone)for about a month,thought all was going better then got a call last night that she was gonna throw her out if i didnt come get her ..she bit her owner BAD agian....the pics were taken at my house tonight after i got home,actually i like the name bug also:) i was thinking maybe she was named after a lady bug? she has been at her last home 2 yrs dont know before that

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what???????// they were going to throw her out? dear god....grrrrrrrrr...Tanya...well you know...I don't have to say anything...Mitch was a toss out...poor Bug...glad you have her now....

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
i dont think they would actually throw her out(hope not)but she did spend the night in the garage till i got her...

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Yes...she looks like a Lady Bug...with those vibrant colors.

Maybe a one-on-one home visit might help...just to see how they interact with her. Even though the situation is frustrating to you it has to be frustrating to the owners and there must be some guilt that things got out of hand. Taking the bird from them, even though they religuish 9sp) it, just does not resolve the problem with the owners. Even though the bird will be gone it leave a very negative reflection to them in regards to birds overall. And if they ever get another bird, and don't understand some of the causes from the problems they perceive with the current birds they are more apt to repeat the same mistakes.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Bug is beautiful. Definitely not trash!

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Bug is beautiful, Tanya, and I am certain much happier now. I bet she never had it so good.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is gorgeous. :) I knew a human named "Bug" once. She was a very nice lady!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
She is BEAUTIFUL, certainly doesn't look like trash to me.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
She is beautiful Tanya. I know you will find her a beautiful home where she is loved for who she is.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
why are so many birds having an horrendous beginning to their lives either through ignorance or sometimes people appear to enjoy inflicting the hurt and pain for their own enjoyment.? We either make a huge fuss of them and they are the lucky ones or there are the poor darlings who need to be rescued.:confused:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
why are so many birds having an horrendous beginning to their lives either through ignorance or sometimes people appear to enjoy inflicting the hurt and pain for their own enjoyment.? We either make a huge fuss of them and they are the lucky ones or there are the poor darlings who need to be rescued.:confused:
I agree Ann, it seems to be never ending :(

BTW Welcome back, it's so great to see you posting again :hug8::hug8:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Dear Bug, you are in good hands now. In time you will come to learn that people do respect you and do try understand what your saying. Doesn't mean you will be allowed to run amuck, you will earn tools to live to co-exist in your enviroment - it takes time, all in time.

Bug welcome to your new life.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Bug will probably blossom in the right home and enviroment. Those people should never have another pet. They are true idiots in my book. :mad: Someone will discard them one day

PennyJ

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Penny
I just can not wrap my head around someone thinking she was trash...... Makes me crazy. I keep going back and looking at the pics you posted and it makes me sick how uneducated people are about birds....grrrr

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
She is gorgeous.:heart:

Poor baby, I dont know how anyone can treat an animal badly.:mad::(

Status
Not open for further replies.