• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone else Conure's treat you like a human sized scratching post?

Alison

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
My Nanday Mordi seems to think that I'm good for 3 things in her life - food, clean cages and being a human sized scratching post. :hehe:

If she's not demanding head scritches (by shoving her entire head into my hand and waiting), then she's dropping giant hints by raising her wings, fanning them out and standing like a statue until I (like a well trained human) obey and scratch all over her wings and underneath them. :rofl: When we are watching TV a and I have my legs out straight, she is also very fond of pulling up my pant legs, and rubbing her head all over my legs, which tickles!

Just before she turned around, fanned her tail out and back up into my hand, if that wasn't a giant hint of 'scratch my new tail feathers' I don't know what was!

It certainly makes attempting to type essays interesting when the parrot is perched on your hand and trying to worm her way between your fingers.

Do I enable the behavior? Of course I do, she is my baby girl and I'd do anything for her, even if it does mean I end up with feather casings everywhere.

Anyone else have conures like this? :lol:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Look at that face..what a dollie!! :heart:

DJ Mystina

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mystina
Awwww that is just too cute!!! :heart: :hug8: :xflove:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:heart:

Inheavenlygrass

Walking the driveway
My girl Kiwi is the exact same, she looooooves rubbing herself against me when she wants scritches. She sticks her head against my hand and if I don't scratch her head she'll just rub it back and forth between my fingers. It's so cute. :xflove:

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
Frodo is in molt, and he will sit in my hand and then lift one of his feet over his head and try to scritch his own head until I get the hint. It is completely adorable.

I am merely purveyor of food, toys, and scritches. Oh and also mobile playgym and operator of the kitchen faucet (aka personal sink shower time).