• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your birds know their schedule?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have our 4 month old Linnie on a nice schedule. For the last few weeks, she seems to know the timing better than me. I move her cage into our family room from 1-7PM each day. Last night at 7:20, she began contact calling me because I was on the phone and had not moved her back to her room. I dim her lights at 8:30 and at 8:31, she called me again. :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Oh yeah.

Secret starts noise when it's close to chop time. Later starts that hideous noise when its time for lights out.

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Definitely. Taco the LCA is very schedule-conscious. He used to go by the sunrise/sunset, but now he goes by the timers. He gets food around 7am, blinds must be opened and radio turned on by 8am. At night, blinds should be closed at the start of sunset (otherwise we get scolded and barked at), especially when the evening lamp turns on. Lights and radio go off at 9pm. Humans need to be in bed by 10:30pm. Smoky Blue the CAG is becoming the enforcer- loud whistles and chatter when we are off-schedule.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Very much so.

6:30 PM is cover time for everyone...6:30 AM is wake up time. Birdies get cranky if we're late covering them up...Milton will start coughing like an old man...a behavior he learned from his first person.

Buddy wants breakfast first...and lets us know if he thinks we're late getting it to him.

Milton expects his shower FIRST...the world help us if he sees another bird get wet first.

It goes on and on...routines are necessary with 7 birds around...;)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Oh yea.

Mizzely