• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dishwasher Detergent

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've recently downsized from an apartment where my birds had their own room to a tiny studio. So, I will be needing to run the dishwasher in the same air space with my birds now. Does anyone have recommendations for detergents that are safe/low odor? Everything I'm finding seems to have a scent to it, but I imagine there must be some products that don't. I'm not opposed to ordering online if necessary, I just need to know what to get.

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
Also, soap.com is a great website to find natural and organic cleaning products that aren't always carried in stores. Their shipping is fast and if something is damaged, just call them and they send a brand new item express shipping. Love their customer service!

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a great tip! Do you have experience using the Method detergent in the same room with your birds?

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
Both houses I have lived in with Yoshi have been a big kitchen opening to the dining room which is open to the living room. Yoshi has always been right by our dining room area. Really just a big open space. There have never been any issues using this product!