• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dinner greens

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Atleast they like their veggies, tonights dinner is broccolini, zuccini and squash skewer, half goes into tummy half gets woodpecked away for me to clean up :lol:i like the skewers as they got to work a bit harder for the food, and for some reason they are eating more greens since I started using them so win win

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
i like the skewers as they got to work a bit harder for the food, and for some reason they are eating more greens since I started using them so win win
That is great!

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
that's a good idea mine are starting to eat veggies but not as much as I want them to I will have to get some skewers

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Atleast they like their veggies, tonights dinner is broccolini, zuccini and squash skewer, half goes into tummy half gets woodpecked away for me to clean up :lol:i like the skewers as they got to work a bit harder for the food, and for some reason they are eating more greens since I started using them so win win
Food tastes better when you have to work for it! One of our cats, Niblet, hates her dry kibble. However, she will eat it if you put it in a treat ball or make a forager out of a soda bottle. Go figure! :rolleyes:

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Do you par cook the veges at all..........or just raw on the skewer.

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Do you par cook the veges at all..........or just raw on the skewer.
These are raw veggies, I have bent the end of the stainless steel skewer in this picture so that the veggies stay on and filed the end so it's no longer sharp, also open up the end a bit more so it fits easily over the bars of the cage. If I serv corn I would just use a straight one and put it through the core and hang up.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
My two love their skewers as well. :)