• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dim's perch help (dumb TAG)

mandymmr

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Now I'm not saying hes dumb. But I want to ensure that those following know who 'Dim' is. BTW Dim is short for Dimwit :sad8:. My husband calls him Jim.
ANYWAYS...he loves the perch/playstand. Hes fallen off it 1 time (vet wrapped now). But I was thinking about putting a net under, so if he falls it would catch him.
Here's where I need help: I need ideas how to set it up & where to buy a net for it!
20180424_084738.jpg 20180424_084715.jpg
His favorite place to perch is on the side of the bowl :confused:. Vet wrap around it? Ideas please
20180424_084906.jpg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
There's something about standing on a bowl. MC does that too.

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
Not sure how well it would work realistically, but is there any way you could wrap vet wrap around the outside of the bowl? Vet wrap tends to stick to itself pretty well, so maybe it would stay? :shrug:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You could make some kind of pvc frame, attach it to the stand. If you drilled holes through the pvc, you could thread rope back and forth through it. Like this, but tighter and woven both ways? And maybe an easier to clean rope. :chin:
Screenshot_2018-04-24-09-25-57-1.png

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
It looks like the playstand only has 2 posts? Would it be possible add 2 more, though maybe not as tall as the existing ones? I'd also look at setting up ferret hammocks as an option to nets. Just trying to think out loud like a bird but even though a net would catch me it would still require some skill to walk across.

ferret hammocks - Google Search

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541074...Nyak7xRQ26SQWpPFYlyRByrvTAG4lpExoCX3AQAvD_BwE

I've also used timothy grass mats and zip ties for some of my handicapped fids.