• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dexters brilliant plan

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
So. Dexter has long since figured out how to open his feeder doors whenever he's outside of his c age, along with letting down his balcony. Guess what he does every day? He opens each and every one. Will five feeder doors and the balcony, in what I can only assume is a ploy in hopes that I'd miss one and he'd sneak out. The sad part is that it works on occasion. He's even gone so far as to lock them after opening them (he can easily twist it in and out of the locked position) so I have to be careful and make sure they're latched, can't just push them closed. I'm mostly just glad he's stopped chucking his water bowl at me.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:omg: He's so smart! He premeditated his jailbreaks??

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
:omg: He's so smart! He premeditated his jailbreaks??
Unless he's incredulously obsessed with opening the doors, I'd say so. He doesn't even use them after opening them, moves right on to the next one,and gets angry when I close them. In the Times I forget to latch a door, he seems to wait until I've left the room, but that's up for debate. He doesn't seem to make a move for the doors until I leave the room and come back, at which point he'll be out of the cage, on top of it where I have no hope of reaching him unless I climb on top (no way I'm doing that for various reasons, such as I don't want to break my neck). And I'm stuck there either begging him to come down or leaving the room with the door open in hopes he'll follow me out. There is a video out there of me climbing inside the cage (I can stand upright inside, though I'm very careful not to snap anything, I'm certain it wasn't meant to hold 130 pound me on the grate) and playing with his toys in a n effort to lure him in out of sheer curiousity!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bow down everyone, we're in the presence of an avian genius!