• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dent in Amazon's Beak ?

DClark

Moving in
Real Name
David Goodnight
Hi , I was just curious if this is something I should be concerned about ? I noticed a small dent in Loki's beak that I haven't noticed before. I went back and looked at some older pictures but couldn't really tell. He is still very young and plays with his toys very rough. 20231227_002902.jpg 20231227_002902.jpg 20231227_115837.jpg

jessem101

Meeting neighbors
Hi , I was just curious if this is something I should be concerned about ? I noticed a small dent in Loki's beak that I haven't noticed before. I went back and looked at some older pictures but couldn't really tell. He is still very young and plays with his toys very rough. View attachment 439627 View attachment 439627 View attachment 439628
it happens, especially when they are in cages. they like to stick their beak in-between the cage and at times it will leave marks on their beak. Some ways to prevent is with toys, or sometimes nothing can prevent it.

DClark

Moving in
Real Name
David Goodnight
it happens, especially when they are in cages. they like to stick their beak in-between the cage and at times it will leave marks on their beak. Some ways to prevent is with toys, or sometimes nothing can prevent it.
Thanks !! He is basically out of his cage all day long, but he does sleep in his cage. Every night when I put him to bed he sticks his beak in between the bars and rubs it back and forth, exactly where that spot is.. Just wrapping up his first big molt since bringing him home and it was pretty ruff. Dropped every tail feather over the period of a month. Freaked me out a bit but everything has filled back in and back to looking handsome. Also had alot more yellow coming in around his feet and covering his eyes now. I've been keeping a photo album from the day I brought him home to go look back at the color as grows.

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
He's beautiful. I love Amazons :heart: