• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Darn it, I saw a mouse..

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Every cheap snap trap I bought @ Dollar Tree broke today AAAAARRRGGGGG. I will see if my neighbor will take me to Fleet Farm tomorrow to get a few clam traps. DON'T BUY P.I.C. PEST FREE LIVING TRAPS! !!!!!!! Useless

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
My dog and cat had never seen them until 8 years ago......they are still working out what to do with them. Mostly the cat just watches them but every now and then she will catch them and drop them near the dog or sometimes in the water bowl where she puts everything she finds and steals. The dog does kill them most of the time if he can find them, he doesn't seem to know what his nose is for. Granted, he is a sight hound who's sight is failing with old age so the nose was never used as much as it could have been.
I just find it so frustrating to have to get my daughter to come and rescue the dog and cat. She is much faster at finding the mice and catching them with her hands than both of the dogs and the cat all put together, lol.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I found out the T Rex snap traps kill them quickly and they don't understand they are a trap and run right through them and are done. Catch and release is great if you can get them far enough away they won't find their way back. Once they find a nice food and water source that is warm and protected they will keep coming back and making new mice very quickly. If their head fits a tiny hole they're in so block off any spots you find with steel wool or whatever they can't chew through as if they really want in they'll work the spot till it's big enough to get in. Our old rental they came in every spring and fall to a paradise of bird food to eat one way or the other.
We have caught ONE mouse since moving in here 5 years ago but this place is a lot tighter then our old one. It was abandoned for a long time so there is evidence of a huge infestation inside the walls before they redid it and fixed everything with new windows and siding.
Biggest problem now has been sugar ants but we keep traps in their hiding areas and runs just in case the mice come back. If you have mice running over your feet the mice have over crowded their hiding areas and nests and are forced out into the open during the day so you need to do what you're doing with traps and poison to thin them out and hope none die in a wall or under the tub. If they don't dry up quickly from the poison you'll know if one does. Good luck.