• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dare I ask...

DancingFeathers

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Sorry for being naive, but what is the avian avenue sidewalk sale?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Sorry for being naive, but what is the avian avenue sidewalk sale?

It's a big sale where we convince everyone to spend all kinds of money on bird supplies they never realized they just had to have :D

Seriously though it is a big sale where numerous vendors participate. You can check out some of the stuff from the last sidewalk sale here The Official Sidewalk Sale Fall 2013 Thread | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum to see what types of sales each vendor had during that one

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Koopa says she needs more Avian Stainless toys :innocent:

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Okay we've got vendors on board.... AA members on board, we just need a date!!! Pretty please with bird bread on top?

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Babies sleep a lot in the beginning and :) you can be hands free with a baby carrier!
Ha. And babies wake during the night to be fed and changed, and some babies take longer than others to sleep through the night.
Mothers to be should plan on feeling like sleep zombies :sleeping: for the first few weeks (even with a partner's help), and feel very lucky if they aren't, Every mom and baby are different, though, but I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. :cloud9:

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
It's a big sale where we convince everyone to spend all kinds of money on bird supplies they never realized they just had to have :D

Seriously though it is a big sale where numerous vendors participate. You can check out some of the stuff from the last sidewalk sale here The Official Sidewalk Sale Fall 2013 Thread | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum to see what types of sales each vendor had during that one
:laughing12: It will be good to have a most current list of vendors, even if I can't afford to buy from everyone this sidewalk sale!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ha. And babies wake during the night to be fed and changed, and some babies take longer than others to sleep through the night.
Mothers to be should plan on feeling like sleep zombies :sleeping: for the first few weeks (even with a partner's help), and feel very lucky if they aren't, Every mom and baby are different, though, but I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best. :cloud9:

Yeah I'm already planning for the worst. I'm also intent on breastfeeding so that will add to the fun.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
no matter how much you prepare for it you will be amazed at how that tiny little bundle of joy can exhaust you ;)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

Yeah I'm already planning for the worst. I'm also intent on breastfeeding so that will add to the fun.
I think youll do great. I was more tired, sleep deprived, brainless zombie and exhausted during my 42 weeks of pregnancy than with a newborn. A newborn was a relief. Haha :)

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I think youll do great. I was more tired, sleep deprived, brainless zombie and exhausted during my 42 weeks of pregnancy than with a newborn. A newborn was a relief. Haha :)
I second that! I think the best piece of advice I got was "Mommy sleeps when baby sleeps." I went without sleep from week 16 to 41+ without much sleep so when the baby was born I finally got some sleep. I think breastfeeding will leave you more time for shopping, no bottle clean up lol

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
What is this sidewalk sale that everyone here is talking about? Miss Bella can never have enough toys.

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
It is where vendors can't sleep and people get ridiculous deals on toy parts and toys. People talk about it until they break Danita down and the adventure begins.

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I'm really afraid to ask but how much should I plan on spending?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Whatever you are comfortable with. Some spend none. Some spend around $100 and some spend several hundred.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Umm... :lol: I usually budget for about $300. One year that was way too low...another year it was too high... It really depends on the sales and what all you want/need to get. This year I have a low budget because I have a plethora of stuff already and no where to put anything else!

CatsNbirds

Walking the driveway
I am sure that I will spending plenty of money :confused: , for a Corvus albicollis (African White-necked Raven) that I will not have till summer 2015 :bag: . I mean, I sent in the deposit this year, but there was no pure/non hybridized male chick available from the breeder. This will teach me to send in a deposit too late, for a species that breeds once a calendar year :D . I used to breed various Psittaciformes (parrots) but never any Corvids.

I have gotten some lovely deals from My Safe Bird Store's "Deal of The Day". Plus, I can't wait to get my clearance items from Avian Antics Parrot Boutique and Crystals Bird Toys.

Now, you must all be thinking, what in the word could I need for the above avian specimen that I do not own yet ( I am too, come to think of it :hehe: ). Well, I still need some more SS Skewers, SS toys/bells, Natural Wood Perches, "Easy Clean Perches" and a Storm Whistle. I could also use some jesses and anklets. Will any of those items be available at the sidewalk sale?

Lastly, does anyone know the dates of the sidewalk sale? Yes, I am new to this type of sale and or arguably the planet :wacky: .