• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Crusty/broken cere? (Not urgent)

Shansam95

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Shannon
Hello,
My budgie has had a bit of build up on his/her (I’m not sure at this point) cere for the last couple months.. initially I did some research and decided that he must be a she and was just getting the normal crusty cere that females tend to get when they’re hormonal.
Last night I went out, and when I returned this morning it looks like a piece has broken off/ looks red and irritated. There were quite a few feathers around so I’m thinking (s)he must have had a night terror or a disagreement with my other bird. The nearest vet is a couple hours away which is why I’ve waited to see if it would go away on its own. I dread the idea of putting them in the car as they’re fairly nervous birdies. As far as behaviour goes, (s)he’s more mellow than my other bird but still very playful/busy. I’ve attached a photo. Thank you for your opinions!

Attachments

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I'd say vet check.

My teils hate to travel so I cover most of the travel cage so they can't see as much and it sees to keep them a little bit calmer.