• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crushed Egg shells and mashed up eggs...Mmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EccentricWrite

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelsey E.L.
This morning I just made a Birdy breakfast for our flock of three. I boiled maybe one or two dozen egg, and took a few of them. I chopped them down the middle and threw them in the food processor. After i had the egg mash, I took just boiled egg shells and threw them in. The egg mash was just like boiled scrambled eggs with eggshell pieces. But the chopped up eggshells was the big hit with the quakers. Cinna hasn't really shown any interest in the egg shells or the egg mash. ( they still don't know what to think of the egg mash . ) They probably still have their heads in their foodbowls, chomping away at the shells. I head that their a good source of calcium, but I mostly was just experimenting. Has anyone else ever cooked eggs differently for their birds?

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I added eggs in the birdie bread mixture, but I read that egg "shell" is not too good for the birdies :huh:

EccentricWrite

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelsey E.L.
ah... ok i will revise the egg mash and not give them much more egg shell..thanks for the info! :)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I think you can buy the shells crushed fine into a powder but if you do it yourself they are too coarse and can cut on the way down.

EccentricWrite

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelsey E.L.
thanks for the info :) il make sure not to give them homemade eggshells from now on.. only eggs.

And don't worry, the eggs were cooked :D

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

EccentricWrite

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelsey E.L.
havent given the birdies hot peppers yet.. but we heard that too many birds to count on AA love hot peppers.... I guess they have a taste for spice! :DancingChilli:

Status
Not open for further replies.