• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crooked toenail

Lovebirdlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kennedy
Hello again!

As some of you know, my conure recently injured her leg, and now it is permanently “splayed” out to the side.

I’ve now noticed on her good foot, her back inside toenail has grown in crooked, and is twisting the toe sideways when she perches. I’m going to assume that since she has been holding all her weight on that one foot for the past 2 months, she’s had to compensate how she perches and that the toenail has grown out sideways because she’s been perching that way.

I’ll include a few photos, but should I be worried about this? I clipped the nail a tiny bit but I definitely can not fix it from a clipping.

6BAA2FF8-09FB-42C1-92AB-CFA1DDB88076.jpeg E0DD1547-816E-400F-BD6E-747B4AFB3287.jpeg

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
I would have thought there is nothing you can do about it. Just keep an eye that the claw doesn't get too long so that the foot is able to grip properly. It may well right itself as she starts using the other foot normally.

Lovebirdlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kennedy
great, thank you

when she perches the toe is crooked, but she is perching fine!