• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crazy green cheek!

mango&dex

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Haniya
My green cheek conure Dexter had lost his cage mate and only other bird friend in mid December of last year. In the start of January we got him a new friend because he would constantly call for Mango (our yellow sided green cheek that passed) and we could not bare to see him so lonely especially while we are away at work. Within 3 days they were bonded and since then have never fought at all. However.. Dexter is a bit of a weirdo and he does very questionable things. Last week I caught him bopping his head at Zazu our new conure, like flicking his beak at him. Can somebody tell me whether I should be concerned, he’s been eating healthy and has not been showing signs of distress at all ,he’s not clipped, and he has a very hyper personality overall. I can attach a video below.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I can’t see the video but could it be regurgitating mine two do it but they are still babies so I don’t think they get it will just bop heads at each other and bop head and grab each other beak

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I second what Emma said, it was probably regurgitation.
If you could upload a video that'd help tons :)
Or even just multiple photos so we can see the movement