• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Crashed Fledgling Robin

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
I haven't been on the forums in a while, and this is a pretty sad reason to be back on, but a young robin crashed into the side of our house. The fledgling has been hopping around and seems decently alert, but cannot do much more than flap it's wings. The feathers on the right wing are also very messed up and broken, I cannot tell if the wing itself is broken, though.
They're chirping strongly and moving quite a bit, but for a while was just sitting in a plant pot on the porch all fluffed up and lethargic. There is a bit of blood on the side of the house and as I said, they haven't tried to fly and the flight feathers appear damaged.
Should we leave them be or would it be best to try and get them to a rehabilitation center? We have quite a few stray cats around and unfortunately, I can't imagine the baby could escape them in it's current state.
Edit: They're out in the yard now and are laying down flat against the grass puffed up a bit. My mom says she's seen the parents but hasn't seen them actively feed the baby, but they're still chirping decently.
Edit 2: The parents are feeding the baby now, I still haven't seen them fly yet.

UPDATE: For some reason, I cannot reply to this so here's an update. I don't see the baby anymore, but I can only guess they managed to fly back up to a tree, or hide in a bush. The parents were close by the last time I saw the baby, I think they're doing fine now. If I see the baby again and they can't fly, I'll update again but there's nothing for now. Hopefully they made it in a tree

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully the parents have taken care of the baby and it is now safe and secure.