• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure sitting in Humidifier spray

RotheGCC

Moving in
Recently Ro has began to sit in the spray of the cool mist humidifier. She isn't too hot but likes to be in the spray of the humidifier. I have it close to the cage as it is a small one and the only one ( I do need to upgrade) so that she can get the humidity. I don't believe this is awful for her but correct me if I am wrong. Any suggestions on why she might be doing it? If it is bad for her how to deter it while still giving her humidity? Is it normal?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Could be a few things! It's probably cooling even if you don't think she is warm. Jungle birds like conures really do well with high humidity anyways, so she may also be giving herself a small bath, or it is helping her breathe. I need to use a humidifier for my quaker as otherwise he gets dry nostrils and sneezes a lot.

As long as the humidifier is well maintained and cleaned regularly (due to risk of mold) and no chemicals are used in it, it should be just fine :)

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I have to use the humidifier with my green cheek because she will sneeze as well. Plus it seems to help her plucking.

RotheGCC

Moving in
That's good to hear! I clean it regularly and it's a nice cool mist. I was just worried it would be to shocking to the system or something! Ro sneezes and wheezes without it. She was born small and was not the most healthy when I rescued her so I try to keep it as hot and humid as I can! Thanks for the helpful replies! Any recommended humidifiers as this one needs replacing soon.