• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure mutations

hNicholeh

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi! I know this has probably already been posted but ima post it anyway
I have 2 conures. 1 male yellowsided turquoise and 1 female pineapple turquoise. They had babies and I'm wondering about the sex linked mutations and what not. The babies are starting to get coloring in but it's still hard to tell what exact mutations they are. It looks to me so far that one is going to be a pineapple turquoise and another is going to be a yellowsided turquoise. I'm assuming that means my male is split to cinnamon. Will I know what the genders will be based on that or still would have to get a dna test done to know?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry about that. It works for me, but let me try again: Genetic Calculator 1.3 Green-cheeked Conure . You can also just search for green cheek conure genetic calculator, and rthe gencalc one should come up first. It is very easy to use.

hNicholeh

Checking out the neighborhood
It's working now! Yes I've seen that specific calculator before. I'm more or less wondering if based on sex linked mutations if I'll know what genders these guys are? I know I'm having all turquoise gcc from them, the only thing I wasnt sure is if my male was split to cinnamon which would cause me to have pineapple turquoise babies as well as yellowsided turquoise babies. Which their colorings are coming in now so I now know my male is split to cinnamon. So that part of the genetics I know. But didn't know about the sex linked mutation part if that makes sense