• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Constant Peeping... should I worry?

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
So, because of one thing and another, I didn't get Kito out of his cage until fairly late today, mid/late afternoon instead of in the morning as the last few days.

And he won't quit this constant peeping.

It doesn't bother me, but it does concern me, as it is not something he's done before, and he's kept it up for a long time. I took a video and uploaded so you can see what I'm talking about:

(His face looks very red in the video, but it's not, that's just iphone front facing camera colors being weird.)
He's not fluffed up, eyes are open and bright, no discharge anywhere, poos look normal. He only 'puff vibrates' his body feathers if I do something that annoys him, as normal.

I thought maybe I'd figured it out when I made up some birdy formula and he inhaled it (2 rounds of 1 spoon formula+2 spoons water) but his crop is now quite inflated and he's still doing it. Though, I put him in his cage with the door open to type this, and he's now attacking his seeds with gusto, so maybe he is just hungry/hasn't been eating enough. :-/ Or he's upset from being left in his cage for the morning. Or, am I overlooking something?

It's been a while since I dealt with a baby. And I'm a paranoid momma. >.>

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
@NirAntae - I almost feel like Kito & Sif are sibs lol. For the most part Sif is pretty quiet. She makes a kind of burp/fart noise and says “What?”

I did notice this morning that Sif was “peeping” as well. It turned out she was very, very hungry and it was just her way of signaling she wanted formula. She still did eat her chop afterward.

However most of her attention was on the formula and she was quiet again by the time she started eating her chop.

She is now in her cage swinging from her rope perch which seems to be her favorite and appears happy as usual.

Hope that helps!