• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Connor and Roxy update

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
So far... things have actually been going pretty well! Hannah has almost fully taken over for our older dog, Roxy, so I can devote more time to training and raising Connor, and less time worrying about taking care of all of Roxy's (increasingly extensive) needs. It has lifted so much pressure off my shoulders, and both the dogs seem to be doing better now that I'm not struggling to take care of both of them on top of school, karate, chores, and other activities. My life is finally returning to something almost normal. I'm working more with Connor on basic commands, while Hannah is "retraining" Roxy in terms of housebreaking.

Connor relaxed just outside the kitchen for all of dinner, he got up twice but laid right back down on command! I'm so proud of him! He is also getting better at distance commands. I'm working with him to try and reach a point where I can give simply the verbal command for any of the basics from across a room, and for him to listen immediately.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Good boy Connor! And a big thank you to Hannah. Whew! I'm so happy you finally have help and things are getting easier on you. :hug8: