• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Confession about Emma the Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is so excellent!! It is great to hear that I am not the only one who sits around watching her videos over and over. "Kiss-WOW!". I have tried to make my husband watch but he isn't nearly as impressed as I am:dancing:

I have to say that I LOVE Emma's voice. Saemma, sometimes on the videos you talk and you have a very pleasant and feminine voice and I wonder if that affects how Emma's voice is. It has to right? Just for fun I wonder if the sound of the owner's voice affects the sound of the grey's voice. What do you all think?
Thanks Vicky! I really think the parront's voice does have some influence.:) In the end, the grey will decide whether they are interested in mimicking that voice though.

I find it interesting that Alex the Grey did not seem to sound like Dr. Pepperberg. I guess he was exposed to so many people that he probably sounded like a combination of many people in one.:huh:

Emma seems to have two voices, her grey voice and my voice. Sometimes, I'll say something out loud and will pause in astonishment because I sound just like Emma.:eek:

Jadie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jade
I met Emma in the flesh! ...well in the feather :D she is amazing, i wish I could have had more time with her and given her some scritches!
I love watching her videos, she's so smart, playful, lovable and talkative :heart:

And I definitely think that the pitch and tone of the owners voice affects the sound of the birdies voice! They are very good at sounding just like us. You would think charlie was a 3 yr old boy stuck in a zon body the way he sounds hehe. And buddy my QP can say hello using all our different voices!
I love hearing greys speak in a manly voice, gives me the heeby geebies!!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

Thanks Vicky! I really think the parront's voice does have some influence.:) In the end, the grey will decide whether they are interested in mimicking that voice though.

I find it interesting that Alex the Grey did not seem to sound like Dr. Pepperberg. I guess he was exposed to so many people that he probably sounded like a combination of many people in one.:huh:

Emma seems to have two voices, her grey voice and my voice. Sometimes, I'll say something out loud and will pause in astonishment because I sound just like Emma.:eek:
that is VERY interesting.

I met Emma in the flesh! ...well in the feather :D she is amazing, i wish I could have had more time with her and given her some scritches!
I love watching her videos, she's so smart, playful, lovable and talkative :heart:

And I definitely think that the pitch and tone of the owners voice affects the sound of the birdies voice! They are very good at sounding just like us. You would think charlie was a 3 yr old boy stuck in a zon body the way he sounds hehe. And buddy my QP can say hello using all our different voices!
I love hearing greys speak in a manly voice, gives me the heeby geebies!!
All the different voices is funny but it makes perfect sense. You are so lucky that you got to meet Emma and I guess that means you met Sachi too?

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
My cousin is actually seriously considering getting a grey. He was looking up random grey videos on Youtube and i was like "No, no, no".. took the computer from him and put n some Emma videos! :D she is the best!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
that is VERY interesting.
All the different voices is funny but it makes perfect sense. You are so lucky that you got to meet Emma and I guess that means you met Sachi too?
Jadie only met Emma this time. Next vet visit will be Sachi's and she will meet her too.:dance4:
I'm not sure how that will go though..:huh: Yesterday I took Sachi on errands with me and she really wasn't friendly at all.:eek::eek::eek:
People would approach because of how pretty she is but she kept blowing herself up so her head was all POOFY and flaring her tail feathers like she MEANT business and of course.. she was screaming at them until they would leave.:hehe: For some reason, she just wanted all the strangers to ignore her.:eek::confused::eek:

I had to appologize and explain to a whole bunch of different strangers that it was *hormones*:eek:

Jadie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jade
Can't wait to meet her! Even if she possibly wouldn't want anything to do with me lol, just to be in her presence would be enough :D:heart: Saemma I actually just remembered I have met one other Pionus before ...I think it was a Maximillian. She was actually for adoption and I was considering adopting her but she found a home before I got the chance.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't wait to meet her! Even if she possibly wouldn't want anything to do with me lol, just to be in her presence would be enough :D:heart: Saemma I actually just remembered I have met one other Pionus before ...I think it was a Maximillian. She was actually for adoption and I was considering adopting her but she found a home before I got the chance.
:heart: A maxi was my second dream parrot once upon a time.. but that was only because I thought I'd never be able to handle a grey..:hehe:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I love Emma, she is such a joy:hug8::hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
YOu guys are all so sweet! Thank you so much for enjoying Emma:hug8:!!

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I also adore Emma,I love when she messes up on Roses are red. I've only met one grey in person and it was at the crummy pet store here,the bird was super sweet and kept in this small cage that looked like it was made for a rabbit not a parrot. It was really heartbreaking to see and I wish I could have run away with the bird :(

As much as I would love to add a Grey to my family,I don't think I would ever be able to keep one because I used to have cockatiels and I had some pretty miserable allergy problems for the 13 years I had them and I have read Greys also have that extra feather that produces alot of dander.

Status
Not open for further replies.