• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Complete Noob

Bartleby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hello everyone! As the title suggests I am completely new to companion parrots, so new in fact that I don't even have one of my own...yet. :confused: I live on some acreage right outside of a big city with my three dogs (Otis, Freya and Emmett), a cat (Adele) and an itty-bitty Roborovski hamster (Gin). I am currently in the LOOOOOOONG process of publishing the first book in a series I have been working on for the last few years. :dance4:

At fifteen, I wandered into a local bird shop/rescue and was captivated by the male Eclectus perched in the middle of the room. Although he took to me right away, it was just not in the cards. It has taken me fifteen years to reach a point in my life where I feel comfortable undertaking the massive commitment a parrot deserves. So here I am, after lurking for a while, to gather as much knowledge as possible before finally taking the plunge.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome. It's a great place to lurk.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
:welave:

This is a great place to start. :cantwait:

The first thing that I suggest doing is going into the various species specific areas and reading the "Good the bad the ugly" threads of each one. This will help give you an idea as to what you could potentially be facing with each species. From there, you can do more research into the ones that interest you the most. Ask questions as you come up with them. We do not mind one single bit. ;) But most of all welcome!

parrotnme

Moving in
Real Name
Rubela Kher
Hello Bartleby, welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your stay. This Avian Center is in every way a creative discussion board that has an incredible attraction to its regular comers to it, and it surely seems to all of us that this is a amicable place to have our most desired happiness; now anyway, laser hair removal san diego is a neat website for visiting for a loved moment while for all for a period of great recreation to refresh our inner health to accelerate our further actions next time; good luck for our awesome Avians, happy Grey parrot center petting for all of us, see you next time sure.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:welcomesign: :AArocks:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Welcome to the Avenue. You came to the right place for information. Any species you may fancy is listed under the forum area and you can just click on them an get lots of how to info. Have fun.

solo

Real Name
jess
Hello and welcome to this amazing site :hug8:

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
:fidmagic: being captivated by an eclectus is/was an amazing experience wasnt it!
welcome to AA