• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Color

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Tourqouise? Ok, maybe just beautiful!

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
In the blue family. Turquoise blue? She sure is pretty.

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I'd say she's blue. Not turquoise.

I can't really see her wings though and if she were turquoise that's mostly where the greener colors would accumulate. (They also accumulate on the forehead, but I don't see anything there.)
Is she a DNA female? How old is she? She still has baby eyes. Sometimes the turquoise birds get greener over time.
Edit: Forgive me, you mention in your other thread she is DNA female and 2 months old.

If you can take a flash photo of her from behind and post it, I can tell you if she's blue or turquoise.

Last edited:

Tracy Cesare

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tracy Cesare
This is the best I can do she keeps turning around to look at me IMG_0122.JPG

rick_s0910

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
"Rick" Ricardo
I also say blue. One of my pairs had a Blue and a Turquoise baby and the difference was obvious, when put side by side. Here are some pics of my birds. A baby Turquoise, Blue, Turquoise adults and a Blue adult w an Albino. I hope this helps... 20170320_172317.jpg received_419269278418511.jpeg 20161229_213817.jpg 20161228_183004.jpg

tacotaco

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeremy
I know this is random but I've been visiting my local breeder weekly to see the progress on all the different aged IRN babies and to get and idea of what to expect and she's mentioned the high demand for albino IRN. A lot of people will pay good money for a white bird with the red eyes. To me thats not a desirable mutation. If the bird was completely white with normal eye color than I can understand wanting a beautiful white bird. But thats just me. She mentioned that while trying for white babies she gets a lot of blues of all shades. And whats been happening is these baby blues have been maturing more and more out of the pin feather stage and turning into these beautiful grey babies. They are stunning. A nice cool grey feathers with charcoal accents. Grey babies are very important she's told me because you need a grey bird for the lace wing mutation ? But the issue being she sells them when they are blue lol and then she realizes they become that extra desirable color after she's already sold them for a claim. She's also told me she can use the grey as a "blind" meaning that the other parents coloring of the mated pair will be passed down to a lager percentage of the babies. Sorry i know its off topic but the pictures reminded me of the blue offspring that could mature into grey IRN

Tracy Cesare

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tracy Cesare
I've seen baby greys she is definately a blue

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Looks teal to me. Lovely bird. What species is she? I can't really tell because she is young. IRN?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Looks teal to me. Lovely bird. What species is she? I can't really tell because she is young. IRN?
She is an Indian ring necked parakeet.