• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel vomited after running under shower.

Cricketful

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Laura
I was showering with one of my cockatiels and she jumped off her shower perch and ran under the faucet (there is a water leak where as it showers some water comes out the tap). I immediately grabbed her and she was gasping for breath and vomited once--it was very liquidy, almost like bird formula. She is acting completely fine now, but what happened?? Is she going to be okay??

Cricketful

Real Name
Laura
She was sputtering for air and threw up. But once she was done she's acting normal. I'm so worried, I love my baby so much.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd guess she got water in her nares & crop. My U2 does this in the shower all the time, then she coughs & sputters it up.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Keep an eye on her for the next few days, particularly her breathing. I'm sure she'll be fine but if anything changes you should contact a vet.

Cricketful

Real Name
Laura
Her breathing sounds fine. She definitely threw up water and what looked like baby formula (although she's not on formula, she's on a pellet diet).