• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel sleeping

Indigonewt

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rosario
Hello all,
I am new to keeping a cockatiel and I am concerned he's not getting enough sleep.
So I move his cage at 8pm into my room for bed (my lizards light and aquarium light go off at 8 In my room so I thought it would be perfect since my parents are still awake and doing things in the living room, plus they wake up early.) He wakes up at 8. My concern is that I like to either play video games and talk to friends for a few hours after 8 or watch TV. I've read that some birds will get used to the noise and sleep fine but others say the exact opposite. My tiel does take naps during the day, sometimes in the afternoon on my shoulder, or even an hour or two after he wakes up which concerns me.
So any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How late are you up doing things in that room? Are the activities fairly quiet? If you go to bed around 10:00, and things are pretty quiet, your bird should get used to it. How old is your bird? Most cockatiels take one or two naps during the day.