• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel questions

Colt Frost

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Colt Frost
Or a little goldnobles and Hagen each day with chop and a good seed mix too.
I was thinking about doing that. But what if they take to one or the other? Do I just start feeding less of the one the really really love like you do with chop? Like when they start only eating one thing stop feeding that thing until they eat all the other things.

Colt Frost

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Colt Frost
I'm so anxious for when I get the money. I want it to be right now, but I've got to be patient lol. If all the math I did is correct (which it probably won't be because plans always change) I should have enough money for the 2 Cockatiels about this time next year. I'm really praying this is the case.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I was thinking about doing that. But what if they take to one or the other? Do I just start feeding less of the one the really really love like you do with chop? Like when they start only eating one thing stop feeding that thing until they eat all the other things.
That might work. That’s kind of what I do with seed. I give them less seed than pellets because I know they will eat all the seed. That way they are forced to eat some pellets too.

Colt Frost

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Colt Frost
This is way off topic, but it has been raining here for a week and a half. But do you wanna know the perfect way to combat the cold rain? Peppermint tea with agave syrup and Netflix. :)

Colt Frost

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Colt Frost
Another off topic thing, does anyone on here have sugar gliders? They're super interesting and I want to get a pair, but not until after the birds lol. I have always been super interested in them since I was about 7, but over the past 3 days I've delved deeeeeeeep into sugar glider care. They are kind of like birds in a sense. You feed them with a good pellet, chop (minus all the grains), bird cages are the best from what I've read to house them in, bird toys and perches are really good for them, and they "fly" lol. Idk I just really think they're neat.

Colt Frost

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Colt Frost
Quick question, is parsley toxic to birds? I know cilantros isn't but is parsley?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Quick question, is parsley toxic to birds? I know cilantros isn't but is parsley?
I do not know from first hand experience, however several members here have said that they feed it to their birds.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My birds eat Italian parsley a few times a week. People used to say it wasn’t good for them, but I believe that is outdated info. I think they would really have to eat an impossibly large quantity of it for it to cause any harm, and it has some really good health benefits. I always eat the parsley they don’t finish lol!