• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockateil bath

Colleen Fortin

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Colleen
My cockatiel is an adult and rescued. He's been with us for about 1 month. So in order to have him bath I took a dropper and dropped droplets of water on him. He seemed to like it. Spread his wings and tucked his head under his body a few times. Is this a good thing?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Yes, it sounds like he liked it. You can try misting him too or giving him a shallow bowl of water to bathe in.

Colleen Fortin

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Colleen
Whew.....I thought he was hiding his head and was frightened. Feeling better. Mist sounds like a heck of an idea too!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
When I am at the sink and the water is running and Valentine is on my shoulder she wants me to 'flick ' water on her, then shes goes back to her cage and takes a bath. Misting would be very good. If you use the shallow dish and it has water, gently swirl the water and let your baby see you do it, might work

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Linnie has just recently warmed up to showering. Another good day today! I am misting her from above with a spray bottle and she eventually drops down from my finger and hangs with her wings out. It also helps to have the sink water running. Sounds like your cocktatiel likes it!